Precautions Idaho remodelers are taking
To our current and future homeowners,
In these strange times we are going through we want you to know that the remodeler and supplier members of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) of Idaho are still working as an “essential” industry to serve you. Whether you have needs now to make your home more comfortable and safe in these strange times, or later, we are here to help you address whatever might come up.
Here are all the precautions NARI members will be taking when completing your remodeling project.
For your safety we want you to know that NARI members are following these CDC and the NARI guidelines:
Before a home/office visits or work:
- Communicate with customer if anyone on the team is ill and reschedule for a later date.
- Ask the customer for mutual communication and to inform you if anyone at their home or office is sick, has been impacted by the Coronavirus through contact with someone with a confirmed case or has a confirmed case themselves.
- Bring hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, face masks, booties and other applicable PPE.
- If possible, wipe down the surfaces of items you will be bringing into the home (material and tools).
During home/office visit:
- Knock/Ring Doorbell/at reception desk and step back six feet.
- Ideally apply hand sanitizer to hands within view of customer to re-ensure your business is in compliance with CDC guidelines.
- Refrain from shaking hands and stand or sit six feet from customer. Simply politely remind customers we are practicing social distancing guidelines at this time.
- Be conscious of what you are handling/touching.
- Be conscious of the health/hygiene of those in the home. If you are concerned, politely offer to reschedule.
- If you are leaving information behind, just put it on the table or counter don’t try to hand items to the customer.
- If a project is in progress, and you have a job site restroom use agreement, confirm that is still ok with customer. As always, if using restroom facilities, wash hands thoroughly for 20 seconds.
- If the customer becomes concerned, offer to reschedule.
- As applicable, wipe down surfaces that were handled by you and other co-workers.
- If the customer is home, communicate progress of the day and next steps – will we be back tomorrow?
- Refrain from shaking hands.
Please contact your remodeler or the NARI office if you have any concerns or questions: email@example.com or 208-869-6832 (cell).
If you are interested in speaking to a NARI remodeler, click here.
Become a NARI Member
Learn more about NARI and the benefits of joining.
Find a NARI Professional
Find the remodeler or contractor for your next remodeling job.